Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vanilla Cupcakes with SMBC Frosting

Saturday night I made some vanilla cupcakes using a recipe from the Magnolia bakery. I made some vanilla swiss meringue buttercream frosting using this recipe.

The cupcakes are delicious-although I may be biased. But since I generally don't like vanilla cake, I would eat these. Which is why I'm giving some away-or I would eat them all. I took our neighbor two cupcakes-one for him and one for his wife. I put jelly beans on them, but apparently that distracted from the texture of the frosting and cupcake.

Flower for Lindsey

IMG_4243

J for Jimmy

IMG_4244

I am going to be using the people at Mike's office as my taste testers, so I decorated the cupcakes for them. He works at Verizon. Unfortunately, I made the "red" icing before I realized that most of the VZ logo is black. Oh well. And I couldn't get the icing red, so it's a dark pinkish color. You can see Gumby's legs on the cbainet handle. Mike stuck him there to watch over things in the kitchen

IMG_4245

See the Z goes under the letters, like the logo :)IMG_4248

They aren't the prettiest cupcakes, but they were fun to make. Next up.. Honey Oatmeal Bread and some fall inspired cupcakes

1 comment:

Shanny said...

This is great, I love cupcakes!