Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cookies, Apples, Bread, Oh My

Today was a busy day in the bakery known as my kitchen.

First we have some cookies n cream cupcakes, only I made some swiss meringue buttercream frosting and added cookie pieces. Now, I don't actually like Oreo cookies. The cream freaks me out. So for the frosting, I scraped off all the middles of the oreos and just crushed up the cookie part. Lindsey (our neighbor) had brought me some cookies from Wegmans, so I used those

IMG_4278

I put one half of the cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner

IMG_4282

IMG_4281

Next up were some Applie Pie Cupcakes. I put a little dap of SWBC, but I think when I make these for Thanksgiving, I'm going to put whip cream.

Yum

IMG_4271

These cupcakes are filled using the cone method. Here's a cupcake missing it's cone.

IMG_4272

Filled and ready to eat

IMG_4279

IMG_4280

And I discovered a website last night totally devoted to bread. Could life get any better. They probably had a recipe for Challah bread on there, but I got out my bread machine recipes and decided to make Challah bread. I've never had it nor had a reason to make it, but I felt like being adventurous. Although, if that is my definition of adventure, I lead a sad life.

Anyways, here is my first try at Challah bread. Other than over-flouring my work space, it turned out pretty good.

IMG_4267

No comments: