Saturday, November 15, 2008

Honey Oatmeal Bread

I made this from the Kitchen-Aid mixer cookbook. I've never made bread outside of the bread machine. I started to make the recipe and realized that I was short 1 egg white for the egg wash pre-baking. My totally awesome, rocks-my-world-husband volunteered to go to the grocery store to get me some eggs.

As the bread is rising on the stovetop the doorbell rings. Our neighbor-Jimmy of the J cupcake-brought us a cartoon of eggs so I can make them some more cupcakes. He got them free at Wegman's-they just opened here. So now I have 24 eggs :). I'm on the search for some cupcake recipes to make for them. He told me that he would be my taste-tester.

IMG_4255

Our oven works quickly so the bread was a little crisp. I froze one loaf and enjoyed the other..mmmmm...delicious

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can smell them. Yum O