Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blackberry Vanilla Cupcakes

So today I decided to make some Blackberry Vanilla Cupcakes and some Key Lime Pie Cupcakes.

I first made the blackberry ones and it called for blackberry puree, so I blended one box of blackberries and put it through the fine mesh sieve. That wasn't working, so I used some cheesecloth-which look really gross coming through.  I bought 2 boxes of blackberries because I love them. Well it took a little more than 1 box to get the right amount. And I used the rest in the frosting and as a garnish.

They turned out delicious. They all kinda dipped in in the middle which bummed me out.

IMG_4677

IMG_4678

Then I went to make the Key lime pie cupcakes. As I was putting the last egg in, the top part of the shell fell into the mix while the mixer was mixing.  So I gave up. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I needed to use the oven to make the brisket for dinner.

Don't those look scrumptious!

I made some funfetti cupcakes last night, but they came from a  box and I didn't try any. One of the ladies who works for Mike bought me some spring sprinkles at the market.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

These look beautiful! My mom always made me crack my eggs in a glass before putting them in my baking to make sure they are good first, so I've never had the eggshell problem, but after getting everything together already I would have been devastated!

I just was catching up on this blog (for some reason it's not in my feed reader, although I LOVE cupcakes) and I checked out that bread website you linked. Holy moly I bookmarked like every other recipe. Have you made any of them yet?

Katie said...

Why thank you for reading! Putting the eggs in a bowl first would have made more sense, but I had already used almost every baking utensil/dish we owned :) I haven't made anything from the bread website, but I need to soon. Everything looks so good!